Essential oils are those plant products which possess great medicinal and therapeutic values. These are prepared by distillation process (purifying or extracting volatile oil from steam and water) using plant part leaves, flowers, bark, roots, seeds and other ailments of the plants.
More than 3000 plants have essential oils, in which, approx 400 are commercially use. Extraction of these volatile oils is really tough because volatile oils or other chemical constituents of plants are present in a little amount. Out of these, some are highly sensitive or delicate towards heat. However, the importance of these plants is huge they are aromatherapy, cosmetics, massage, insect repellent, antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial Digestive aid and much more.
All oils are essential and have unique characteristics, but there are 5 essential oils which have a large list of important properties. You must have them in your shelf, so grab them now once you’ve read their benefits.
Peppermint oil is one of the best essential oil and thus a must have. Peppermint is obtained from Mentha piperita and India is a top exporter of mint oil over the world. It has high menthol content in its leaves which have a vast majority of usage.
- It aids digestion as it has soothing effect soothes stomach or intestinal wall and reduces irritation, it is widely used in nausea & acid reflux conditions.
- Peppermint widely used in mouth fresheners and relieves bad breath.
- Peppermint has cooling effect in our body it is frequently used in many deodorant, perfume, soaps, powder as a calming agent
- Helps to reduce muscle pain and spasms or used in sore muscles.
- Improves energy and concentration
- From ancient period peppermint improves breathing, people used to apply this under feet or chest for respiratory and sinus infection.
Lemon oil is obtained from lemon peels. Having more application than any other essential oil, it is used in medical to polisher needs. It is one of the most easily available or widely used oil in the world.
Uses of Lemon Essential Oil
- Lemon oil is easily available essential oil obtained from lemon peel which has powerful antioxidant properties.
- It is one of the best-known oil for rejuvenation. It cleanses toxins from our body and has a marked ability in stimulation of lymph drainage.
- Lemon oil has powerful ability in cleansing or purifying skin.
- It is considered as one of the most powerful antimicrobial agents from all essential oils.
- Lemon is found to reduce neurological disorders like anxiety and mood behaviors.
- Widely used for its fragrance in soaps or detergents.
- Daily 5,6 drops of lemon oil help in weight loss.
- Helps in whitening of teeth.
Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea tree oil is one of the best volatile oil extracted from steam distillation it has limitless uses and has over 100 compounds. it has great calming effect relieves breathing problem and promote clear breathing by taking internally tea tree oil increases immunity as well.
Uses of Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Tea tree oil is acknowledged for having great antiseptic properties it has a wonderful ability to treat wounds. Tea tree oil found to have 12 times more antiseptic power than any other commercial substance.
- Tea tree oil is preferably used for reducing hair dandruff from the ancient time now many commercial products like shampoo preparation or hair oils consist of Tree Tea oil because of its excellent antifungal activity.
- Have great antimicrobial antibacterial as well as antifungal properties.
- through so many researches, it is found that tree tea oil is a strong disinfectant and is non-poisonous
- Well known for reducing acne and after acne scars
Frankincense Essential Oil
It is believed that frankincense was found in king Tutankhamen’s tomb. In MiddleEast, it is used as a holy oil and for religious purposes, has a sweet balsamic aroma that stimulates and elevates the mind.
it is useful for Meditation practitioners by improving spiritual connection as it has a great comforting and centering properties
Uses of Frankincense Essential Oil
- It is helpful to overcome stress and anxiety and some people find that it relieve migraine or severe headache pain as well.
- Promoting beautiful completion widely used as rejuvenating face mask for aging, Acne, warts, cuts and dry skin
- It has also insect repellent properties and from ancient time used in Insect bites.
- Improves concentration or spiritual connection also
Clove is a dried bud of an aromatic plant. Cloves are used widely all over the world as a spice and used in dental care from years it is also a good source of vitamin C and K.
It has a main volatile compound called eugenol which helps in stimulIzing or energizing oil.
Uses of Clove Oil
- It has powerful antioxidant properties.
- As a flavoring agent, it has a great demand in the market.
- Clove is considered to have pain-relieving or anti-inflammatory activity.used actively in tooth decay or tooth pain.
- Cloves are promptly used as insect repellent.
- It is preferably used by pregnant women for nausea or morning.sickness problems and it is safer in use.
- Clove oil relieves muscle spasms and muscular pain.
- Clove has wonderful digestive properties used in the stomachic gas release or stomach discomfort.