Tooth decay, gum diseases and tooth injuries have been quite prevalent and the only treatment that could be done for these problems were bridges and dentures, but now there is a new treatment called dental implants for all these problems. Dental implants are a better option than bridges and dentures for those who have missing teeth. Dental implants are known to be replacement tooth roots; they provide a stronger base for fixed or removable teeth that are put to match your natural teeth.
Advantages of dental implants
- Enhanced and approved appearance- They give a look of your own teeth as they are designed in such a manner that they fix to the bone and become permanent.
- Improved speech- Poor fitting dentures and bridges can make your teeth slip within the mouth making your words fumble. With dental implants one doesn’t need to worry about the slipping of their teeth.
- Comfortability- Dentures need to be removed again and again; these dental implants make your comfortable by becoming a part of you.
- Easy to chew- Dentures can make chewing difficult but the dental implants make everything easy as they become a part of you so you can chew your food with confidence and without any pain.
- Improved self-esteem- Dental implants can make you feel confident, they bring back your smile back and make you look beautiful.
- Better oral health- Implants make it easy to clean between the teeth unlike the bridges, so this helps in improving the oral hygiene.
- Durability- Dental implants are very durable and last for many years; if their good care is taken they might even last for a lifetime.
- Convenient- They are convenient as they don’t need to be removed like the dentures and there is also no need of adhesives to keep them in place.
Things to remember
- Those who are healthy enough to undergo a surgery or a dental extraction or any type of oral surgery should only consider getting a dental impact done.
- Those patients who are thinking of getting a dental implant done should have healthy gums and enough bones to fuse the implant.
- Good oral hygiene and regular dental visits are a must for those who are thinking of getting a dental implant done.
- Those who are chain smokers or are suffering from chronic disorders such as diabetes and heart disease should consult their dentists for the same.
- Even those who have had radiation therapy before in the neck or head area should also consult their dentist before getting dental implant done.
After, getting the dental implant done you should always remember to care about them in the same way like you do for your natural teeth; brushing, flossing. Rinsing with a mouthwash and regular dentals checkups are a must. Dental implants are a very good alternative for dentures; one can seriously consider getting them in case of a tooth problem, they are the latest and quite popular these days.