A dental hygienist salary depends solely on their job description and job responsibilities and duties they perform. One thing a dental hygienist does is to provide healthcare tips for their patients. Healthy teeth are something we all wish for and something that takes a little bit of work sometimes and that is why a dental hygienist exists as a career in order for them to provide us with this information. Your teeth get stained if you are smoking cigarettes, cigars, drinking black team coffee or red wine. Any dark fruity juices, gravy, and cola also contribute to the problem of dingy teeth. If it is of dark color, it will probably stain your teeth and this is something most people don’t think about before consuming a drink. When you eat foods that stain your teeth, brush your teeth right away and work a dental bleaching agent into your tooth care regime. Eating an apple is a convenient way to clean teeth.
These are a few tips that explain a dental hygienist salary:
- Change your toothbrush regularly: you should swap a toothbrush every 3 months and brush in a circular motion at 45 degrees against your gums.
- Keep your tongue clean: to freshen your breath and remove tongue plaque, use a tongue scraper every morning. This will get rid of the bacteria causing bad breath.
- Choose foods that will clean teeth as you eat them: the firmer or crisper the foods are, the more they will help clean your teeth while you eat them such as apples, popcorn celery and raw carrots.
- Visit your dental hygienist: you should schedule dental cleanings twice a year if possible.
- Stay fresh: you can do this by licking your palm and smelling it while the moisture remains, if you smell something this means you need a sugar-free breath mint. When you shop for mouthwash, make sure it doesn’t contain any alcohol because this makes you more susceptible to bacteria.
- Flossing can be done with closed eyes: you don’t need a mirror to floss; you can do it anywhere you are.